Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Family History

 photo B84525F2-C8FD-417E-AC41-1E07121C783F-21845-00001D08B68F1DD4_zps1f7d5a0a.jpg
circa 1957 - Mammaw & Pappaw

There's just something about finding old pictures. Whether it's your family or of you, the feelings and emotions that overwhelm you just by looking at the past is so surreal and something I just can't get enough of. That's one of the reasons why I got in to photography in the first place. I love looking back at a moment in time to see who the person in the picture was, what they did, and what they were feeling at that time.

I try my best to tell a story with each picture I take and capture who a person is.

Recently I've been doing a lot of family history digging. I signed up for ancestry.com a couple of weeks ago, and I'm hooked with trying to find out as much as I can about my family history. I'm slowly building my family tree. It's wonderful getting to 'know' my grandparents and great-grandparents and their siblings even as far back as great-great-grandparents who came from Germany and Czechoslovakia. How awesome is that!

Do you know where your family came from?


Comments