Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bucket List, Dreams, Goals, etc

 photo IMG_9898_copy_zps031e4290.jpg

B and I were in San Antonio over the weekend, and we went to church with my parents to the church I grew up in. I always love going home just to go to church! Pastor Walker talked about bucket lists, goals, dreams and really in particular, living God's bucket list for your life. And that not all bucket list goals or dreams need to be spiritual.

Since college, I've always wanted to go to Italy. Well, really just to travel in general, but I have to start in Italy!! There's just something about the history dating back to Bible times, the architecture of the renaissance and baroque eras, to modern day architecture. And the food, duh! 

Pastor Walker continued that as couples we need to be open with our spouses about our goals and dreams. That we should never hinder each other. If Brandon wants to jump on a Harley and drive through Sturgis, I need to be supportive of that dream. If he wants to spend money on a new set of golf clubs to make his swing better, I want to be supportive of that.

How do you know you can't afford that trip? You don't! Just go for it, and you'll find a way to afford it.
How do you know you won't make it to the top of Mt. Everest? You don't! But your dream of making it to the top will keep you in physical shape.

Pastor gave 7 tips to help define your bucket list goals:

1. Whatever it is, it is unique to you
2. It will have a history with you - a dream, a wish
3. It will be very specific
4. The Lord has kept you alive
5. The dream has kept you in shape
6. Definite risk involved
7. Go for it, with preparation & resolve

He ended the service with a few warnings. We should never tell our husbands you can't do this, you can't do that. After so many you can'ts you'll end up killing his spirit and that dreaming part of him will die. And what good would he be after that? ;)

What's on the top of your bucket list?? 





BLOGLOVIN // FACEBOOK // TWITTER // PINTEREST

Comments

  1. I love this post! My fiance is opening a restaurant with his brother. It makes me incredibly nervous. But it's been their dream since they were kids to open a restaurant together so I am trying to be as supportive as possible!
    I have lots of blogger goals, and he is very supportive of those, even though he doesn't fully understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needed this today, thank you for sharing this. I will reference back to it when I update my bucket list next time. :) xoxo MJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments - be sure to leave one, I'd love to get to know you! :)