Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Full Proof Protection

 photo IMG_0770-3_zps6729b93a.jpg  photo IMG_0769-2_zps4135c818.jpg  photo IMG_0772-4_zps3f2a4524.jpg  photo IMG_0767-1_zps43af65e6.jpg
Necklace: ℅ Hearts, Top: Marshalls, Shorts: Ross, Bracelet: Simple Addiction (similar), Shoes: Wedges 

I hadn't intended for it to be so quiet over here. Work picked up the past two weeks, then Memorial day came which was so much fun and relaxing that everything else just fell off the wagon. Not to worry my sweet little mcnuggets, I'm back in full force. I know what you're thinking, ugh, I wish she'd leave again and never make McDonald's reference again. ;P

Isn't this protection necklace from Hearts awesome? Makes me feel like I'm showing off my mad skills of shooting...

It's made of recycled bullet casings with turquoise beads. It's a symbol of protection and is completely handmade supporting the fighting cause of sustainable fashion.

After learning how to shoot, the artisan who made this necklace noticed the number of abandon bullet casings that littered the trails of seasonal hunters in national parks. Shooting for recreation is an empowering sport, but the debris left behind in national parks is significant. A love for the natural environment urges this artisan to take part in clean-up efforts, the by-products of which are turned into these accessories. As supplies are collected for these exclusive Hearts designs, the national forests are cleaned of contaminants that have proven to be harmful to human, animal and plant life.

Makes me feel good I'm doing my part in helping the environment! :)

Comments