Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tips to Improve your Photography

Guys, I promise you, I'm no expert photographer. Far from it, really. But, I wanted to share a few tips that I've recently come across. If you're serious about photography and possibly making some money from it, then these are the kinds of tips that can really take your photography to another level. 

Improve Photography
Image via

Check out Jim Harmer's blog. You can't get any better than this, I mean his blog is titled 'Improve Photography'! He also has multiple books out that have helped me. Reading your manual can be pretty a gruesome task. I'm currently reading this book, by Jim Harmer and loving every page. 

He says to think of your iso like an audio cassette tape (yeah, old school). The higher you turn the volume up the more static you get. The same goes with your iso, the higher you put your iso, 3200, 6400 and higher, the more grain, or digital noise, your photos will have. Let your iso be the last thing you adjust. 

Improve Photography
Image via

Check out click it up a notch. This is an awesome blog with great tutorials, tips, interviews and fabulous photos to drool over. Courtney and her other contributors are so talented. They have one of the easiest tutorials on how to shoot in manual mode I've ever seen.

I now understand exposure and know how to make my pictures better. I've learned the difference between shutter speed, aperture, and iso, and I can already see a difference in my images. And I never, never, never use my on-camera flash. I invested in an external on-camera flash that can be adjusted to different angles to bounce the flash, and it works fabulously.

Improve Photography
Image via

The Digital Photography School has some incredible tips and tutorials about finding angles like this shot, take above the bride. Love, love, love the sharpness of her eyelashes. And so much more like lighting, using zoom lenses, composition, and my personal favorite, shooting through something. Have something in the foreground and shoot past it with your subject in the background. Awesome effect!

There are so many more sites out there that are just as helpful if not more, but these are just a few that have helped me along the way. 
  
What are some of your favorite sites for photography tips? 


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing these! It's always nice to find new resources to learn from. I've really enjoyed learning through Chimpsy. That, and through trial and error :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these tips! I've always wanted to look into photography, and these helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and digital photography are two different techniques. Such things are likely to learn and use your expertise in your photo shooting.
    Wedding photographer in mauritius

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments - be sure to leave one, I'd love to get to know you! :)