Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enjoy the party!

Photobucket

Brandon and I are all about enjoying life. We like to dance a good two step and wobble with the best of 'em. We also like a good beer or margarita every now and then. But just because we like to dance and drink alcohol doesn't mean we're any less Christian than the next person.

I'm writing about this because it's been on my heart the past few weeks. I believe that many people can go through life being so serious and stuck in their ways that they miss out on the joys of life. They probably wouldn't know how to party if their life depended on it. 

I do believe though, that people who have a genuine relationship with Jesus can truly enjoy everything this world has to offer.   

The first recorded miracle Jesus performed was done at a party, a wedding to be a little more specific. How awesome is that?! Jesus was invited to a wedding, and while He was there the host ran out of wine. Jesus turned some water into wine so the part could continue as planned. No matter what your beliefs are of wine, the fact remains that Jesus made it for the party. 

"On the third day there was a wedding at Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus also was invited with His disciples." John 2:1,2

The thing about it is, most people get caught up in the wine itself that they miss the point. Jesus attended the party. He had nothing against the party, and He wanted people to enjoy the party. 

What I'm trying to say is God wants us to enjoy life. We need to learn to celebrate and enjoy the life God has given us. I mean, we only get one. 

Take today as it comes, and really enjoy the party! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Comments

  1. I love this post and it's so true. Before I even got to that fourth paragraph I was thinking, "Jesus went to parties too!!" This is a good reminder that God gave us an awesome life. Why would He do that if He didn't want us to enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and very true post! I love to enjoy myself, but I want to remember that enjoyment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great to enjoy life sometimes. Looks like you two had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice post! and very true aswell. Make the best of every day, and live everyday like it could be the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. definitely a great reminder alisha! you and brandon are so cute together dancing. love these photos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments - be sure to leave one, I'd love to get to know you! :)