Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts on a Tuesday

Photobucket

Don't you just love it when your day goes nothing like you plan? Mee tooo!! ;P

Last week I had a day off from work, and I had so many things on my to-do list that needed to get done: 

-get the oil changed in my car
-go to the grocery store
-do laundry
-clean the house
-prep dinner and actually have it ready by the time Brandon gets home

I got up early, got dressed, and I was all set to tackle the day like a champ when I realized I still needed to finish my article for YourTango. So I sat down on the couch and pounded out the ending. I turned on the TV for a little background noise and then got sucked into watching Sex and the City 2, (Ahh I die over some Carrie Bradshaw drama), and that was all before 9am. 

I finished up Sex and the City, and Jerry Maguire came on afterwards. My goodness, I can't even tell you how long it's been since I've seen that movie. It's definitely on the top of my list as an all time favorite movies. I mean, my tagline for my comment box is a quote from it too! So needless to say, I just had to watch it. 

Before long it was after 12pm, and I was falling asleep on the couch. So much for getting anything done on my list. This quote always makes me smile, but it couldn't be more true: "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." -Woody Allen Apparently God didn't want me to do anything on my day off except relax. And relax I did with a couple of movies and a glorious nap. 

Are you a planner? Do things always go the way you plan? If you somehow answered yes to that ungodly question, you've gotta share your secrets!!

Comments

  1. I'm DEFINITELY a planner! I color code my planner. I love routines and schedules. But...no, things DEFINITELY don't always go the way I plan! Lol! The biggest thing God has taught me over the past few years is that it's not a bad thing to plan...but it's always not a bad thing when things don't go according to that plan! I used to get so stressed and agitated and freaked when things deviated from the agenda, but He has taught me to change my heart in that area. To be open to change and embrace it when it happens. So, now I'd say I'm a mixture of a hardcore planner and a go-with-the-flow girl. I'm still not perfect, but I'm working on it. And there have been so many times now when things didn't go according to plan, but they ended up turning out SO MUCH BETTER! Now, I've learned to stop, pray, and see the good in the changes, instead of letting them freak me out. He knows what He's doing. I just have to make sure my heart has the right attitude and let Him do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes its a good day to be able and relax put up ur feet and ignore that 'have to's and do the 'want to's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a planner here too, and although sometimes my day (or at least more of it) goes how I intended it to, sometimes...it just doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can get sucked into SATC so easily! Whether it is the show or the movie, I am such a sucker for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so easy to get sucked into Jerry Magurie! lol :)
    I was at the movies with a friend and in the previews there was a montage of movies that ended with "you had me at hello.." she was like, which movie is that? WHAT?!?! LOL Hello Jerry Maguire!

    I'm a total planner. I over plan at times. Though over the years I've gotten better at going with the flow.

    I have a week off coming up and I'm trying not to plan it too much. I'm just going to enjoy and go with how ever the days flow :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments - be sure to leave one, I'd love to get to know you! :)