Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

His Wife (Part 3)

Photobucket

Lord, I lay all my expectations about my marriage at Your cross. I release my husband from the burden of fulfilling me in areas where I should be looking to you. Help me to accept him the way he is and not try to change him. Help me not to want to change him. I realize that in some ways he may never change, but at the same time, I release him to change in ways I never thought he could. I leave any changing that needs to be down in your hands, fully accepting that neither of us are perfect and never will be. 

Only You, Lord, are perfect, and I look to you to perfect our marriage. May we be "perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment" (1 Corinthians 1:10). 

I love you Brandon. Just the way you are.

Comments

  1. That's a tough prayer to pray sometimes I think. It can be so tempting to try to get those husbands to change and not just embrace them. Thanks for posting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen times 1,000. I need to say this one daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing prayer! Wanting someone to change is like telling them you just don't like them the way they are.... and that's not unconditional love. thanks for sharing this Alisha! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 Wifey Awards goes to you! I need to save this sweet prayers for my someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is kind of amazing and beautiful. and by kind of, I mean very.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet. It makes me miss my husband. And he's been gone for 45 min.

    Have a lovely weekend, friend!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a perfect example of something I love about you Alisha. A lot of people either don't realize how much effort it takes to have a good, solid relationship or they're not willing to do the work. You not only recognize that it takes work but are also committed to doing it. The fact that you care so much speaks volumes to the amount of love and respect you have for Brandon and your relationship. You're a role model, lady. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments - be sure to leave one, I'd love to get to know you! :)