Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bye Bye Summer, Hello Fall

The sounds of summer are slowly disappearing around here.  The weather lately is something I actually look forward to unlike those miserable days of triple digit weather in July and August.  Seriously, it was hotter than Hades.  But now, now it's hard not to get excited about fall and the cooler temperatures.

This weekend I drove to San Antonio for a portrait session with my cousin that I have been planning for a while now.  I checked the weather for Saturday and Sunday - only a thirty percent chance of rain.  That's do-able, right? 

WRONG!

Apparently thirty percent decided to turn into 100 percent chance early Sunday morning.  The session was supposed to be at 10am on Sunday - gotta love morning light!  Well, about 3:30am in the morning I was woken up by huge strikes of lightning flashing through my parent's windows.  And loud cracks of thunder scaring the dogs.  I noticed it's raining.  Hard.  

Well, crap!

By 7am it's still dark outside, still cloudy, and STILL raining.  I can't help but think it's going to rain all.flipping.day.  And it does.  Till about 3pm in the afternoon.  That's ALOT of rain people!!  I want so bad to be mad that my photo session was canceled, but we really needed the rain. #sadface

I swear the rain washed away all hint and smells of summer, and brought with it cooler days.  After that much rain, I declare it the official start to fall and the year of the Great Pumpkin

Pumpkin patches -- the epitome of fall!! 

Mmm, pumpkin pie.
How many pumpkin pies could you make from these pumpkins?!


Comments

  1. I gotta go to a pumpkin patch asap! Gotta love fall! :)

    I could go without the rain though. Maybe some at bed time? haha.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pumpkin patch!!!! :) hope you got some cute ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this makes me want to go buy some pumpkins! love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh those are some massive pumpkins! i love the itty bitty pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i haven't seen a pumpkin since moving to sydney! very sad indeed. husband will try to make a pumpkin pie soon... we'll see how it goes without a proper pumpkin.... at the huge department store food hall there's an american section with canned pumpkin but that's not the same...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for fall! I just bought a bunch of gourds at the grocery store... but I really want to visit a pumpkin patch. I love your photos of all the orange pumpkins.... too bad your photo shoot was cancelled! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow great pumpkin photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh i love all the pumpkins! i need to do this stat!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow i love fall even more after this post!! ive been to the festicals and all that because i cannot get enough of the rich foods and pumpkins!! great post and i really love your blog!! keep it up! :)

    nussbaumfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. fall is so beautiful! love the pumpkin patch - i live in ecuador so i really miss the seasons. thanks for sharing :)

    xo
    kylie

    ReplyDelete
  11. great photos on your blog. just spend some time away from family looking through your posts, and really enjoyed it. :) keep up the lovely work, and hope to visit again--following. cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments - be sure to leave one, I'd love to get to know you! :)