Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Megan from Mackey Madness

Today I've invited Megan over to blog sit for me. 
This gorgeous southern belle is one of my favorite bloggers, 
and a gal I consider a real friend. 
A blate (blogger+date) is definitely in our near future. 
A mere six hours is all that separates us...

* * * * *

Hi there little loves! My name is Megan and I blog over at Mackey Madness


I am SO thrilled to be guest posting for Alisha today while she is away on a work trip. 

Speaking of trips, that's what I am sharing today. See how I worked that in smoothly? : )

When I was in nursing school, I was chosen to go to a nursing convention in Baltimore, along with one of my teachers and one other student. I luckily happened to be friends with said student. Sounds like a perfect trip, right? Totally wrong. 

The night before the big trip, my friend called to tell me that she was sick and wasn't going to be able to go to Baltimore with us. Did y'all get that?! So now, I'd be going to Baltimore...alone with a teacher. Flying on a plane...alone with a teacher. Staying in a hotel room...alone with a teacher!! Hello awkward conversations!

After immediately bursting into tears and declaring that I wasn't going either (talk about #majordramaqueen), my mom forced me to I put my big girl pants on and prepared for my trip...with my teacher...alone. 

Confession: it ended up being one of the most amazing trips ever. My teacher was super relaxed and I got to do a lot of exploring on my own, which was super fun for me because I have never been to a big city before!


The beautiful harbor area near our hotel. 

We got to tour the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing...sounds dorky, but it was AMAZING!!

The scenery changed my life. 





So lesson learned: don't be a big baby when things don't go my way.

Now y'all come on over and visit this big baby! : )

Thanks for having me, Alisha! Prayers for a safe trip, love!!

* * * * * 

Seriously y'all, she is the sweetest! And she always has the best stories with something that will make you laugh for sure! 
Thanks so much Megan for blog sitting for me today. 

Comments

  1. Very cute post! The Inner Harbour is pretty cool! They have a sushi restaurant there that's one of my favorites! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! I love downtown Baltimore. My grandparents live right near the city so I've in the harbor so many times. It's a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Megan! I have always wanted to visit Baltimore. My parents mentioned a really great aquarium there.... and after seeing your pictures I want to go even more. I love that you enjoyed yourself even though you didn't want to go "alone... with your teacher'. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Baltimore, so it was interesting seeing it from someone else's point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute post! And Megan you look so young in the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures, so glad you went even though your friend bailed on you! I recently moved to Maryland, isn't it so delightful here?

    Kaylee
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for having me, love!! You are a total doll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahah OH MEGAN! i loved this story...this is something i would do: freak out about being alone with a teacher. But it looked like you had a great time!!! :-D

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is too cute! And she looks like a young pup in these pictures!

    Thank goodness for mom's to force us to go! haha

    Emily w/Amazing Grapes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I am planning a trip soon, alone *gulp* to meet up with one of my friends. At least she'll be there at the other end but traveling alone freaks me out. Thanks for sharing that things can turn out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pictures Meg! You're so lucky it was an amazing trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Thats my hometown, hope you liked it there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments - be sure to leave one, I'd love to get to know you! :)