Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Alone & 35 days...

I am not cut out to be alone. I was not made to be by myself (well, I'm not totally alone, I do have my adorable pup, Astro, but that's beside the point). I may be independent and could take care of myself if I had to, but when you become dependent on another human being your life completely changes. You begin to miss the goodnight kisses before bed, you begin to miss the dinners together, you miss the date nights and you miss the quality time you spend with one another.

Brandon has been in Big Springs, Texas for the past three weeks for work, and I am here in our new home, in a very small town, alone with my sweet Astro. Being alone might: give me time to be on my own schedule, not have to clean up after anyone, make dinner for only me in mind (you get the picture), but I haven't done any of that. I haven't wanted to.

This is what he is doing… 



Brandon is a farmer! This is what he calls a great day's work. He's great at what he does, and I know he can provide for us. This is just me being selfish. I miss those goodnight kisses. I miss him being here with me.

In my playlist now: Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

Absence makes the heart grow fonder means the time you spend away from the one you love makes you love and appreciate them even more. I care more for that man than I did the day before. Time is arbitrary, and he will soon be home with me.

Patience is a virtue. I will learn to have more patience today and everyday until he comes home.

Comments

  1. Awe, that's so sweet! Deary, he will be home in your arms again.....its like you said you learn to appreciate them even more when their gone. He'll be back home....just keep your head up. Make use of your time to do a scrab booke or something. Find a hobbie you'd both enjoy and when he returns, he can add to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks erika for the encouragement! This is one of the reasons I picked up blogging. With him gone, this is something I can do that still involves him or at least gets me thinking about him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I feel terrible now because I LOVE when Matthew goes out of town! I daresay that I LOOK FORWARD TO IT!!! HAHAHAHA. What does this say about me? But indeed, it's like a mini vacation for me when he leaves. I eat cereal for dinner, stay up super late and read blogs for HOURS, don't care if the house is a mess, and sleep with my doggies!! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments - be sure to leave one, I'd love to get to know you! :)